BROWNIE BITE RECIPE (V, P, GF, SF)
HEALTHY & EASY BROWNIE BITES: 5 INGREDIENTS + 5 MINUTES
I've been LOVING on this recipe lately. It's only five ingredients and takes right around five minutes! It is such an easy snack to pack for work or school, or even as a dessert for when you get home after a busy day!
These bites are PALEO, VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, and REFINED-SUGAR FREE.
Send me photos of tag me @LittleLanieLu and #eatplantsplayinthesun if you recreate these yummy bites!
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- any other addition you'd like, such as: cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, nut butter, etc.
Make sure that you are using already-pitted dates, or you will need to cut the dates open and pull the pits out. Pits can break the blades of your food processor.
I would recommend using a food processor instead of a blender because any leftover pits (and even fragments) can break the blades of a blender quite easily.
1. Add 2 cups of PITTED dates and 1 cup of walnuts to your food processor.
2. Pulse on High until the dates and walnuts are chopped up.
3. Add a little less than 1 cup of cacao powder to the blender, along with 1/2 a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and a sprinkle of salt. Here you can also choose to add any additional ingredients. I like to add a dash of cinnamon! Other ideas are: pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, nut butter, coconut, etc.
4. Pulse on high until a dough forms. (You may need to add a sprinkle of water to the mixture if a dough is not forming. This would occur if your dates are too dry.)
5. Roll into balls and place in the freezer! Feel free to roll your bites in any additional ingredient, as well. Sometimes I like to roll them in coconut flakes, chocolate chips, or melted dark chocolate! (You can also keep the bites in the fridge, but I prefer the freezer for extra chilliness and crunch.)
I hope you guys enjoy these healthy, raw, and delicious brownie bites!!
Again, send me photos of your creations or tag me @LittleLanieLu and #eatplantsplayinthesun !
FOR MORE FOOD AND LIFESTYLE INSPO, FOLLOW MY PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM!
LOTS of Love,